Hottest Animes on the Block

Previously Published Oct. 13, 2022
TV shows, movies, Chinese dramas, soap operas, musicals, plays — you get the point. Listed before us are some popular forms of entertainment, but one might ask, where is anime? Anime is the name of Japanese animations, which is gaining popularity in America exponentially. This entire year, new anime have been released left and right, with the community even dubbing 2023 as “The Year of Anime”–and this October will go down as the “Month of Anime” due to the number of highly anticipated returns of some of long-awaited animes. To list a few:
SPY x FAMILY Season 2
Codename “Twilight”, master of disguise, best spy in his country, receives his hardest mission yet. Twilight goes under the moniker Loid Forger to create a pretend family for his mission of getting close to the chairman of the opposing country, Donovon Desmond. Loid marries Yor Briar and adopts Anya Forger to create the perfect fake prestigious family to get close to Donovon. Little to his knowledge, Anya is a telepath from a past experiment and Yor is a reputable assassin. Streaming on October 1st, SPY x FAMILY is the perfect watch for those into action, comedy, and spy fiction.
My Hero Academia Season 6 In a world where 80% of the population is born with special powers known as quirks, humans will inevitably use it for evil and wrongdoing. To combat this, society has created superheroes, who go to special superhero training schools to gain experience and use their quirks for the better. Izuku Midoriya, commonly known as Deku, has aspirations of becoming a superhero, but is part of the 20% of the population that was born quirkless. His life turns around, however, when he meets his childhood idol All Might, the #1 hero in the world. All Might transfers his quirk to Deku, and MHA is the story of Deku’s life as a superhero student. Season six covers the climax of the tensions between the villains and superheroes, showcasing an all out war between the two sides with heavy action scenes. Also streaming on October 1st, season 6 of MHA is for fans into superpower action shows with amazing animation.

Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War
20 years ago, there were three big anime supergiants, known as the “Big Three.” This trio consists of Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece. Even non-anime enjoyers can recognize the latter 2 names, but not Bleach. Why? Well, the final season of Bleach’s anime was canceled and all plans of animating it died down. To many people’s surprise though, Bleach’s final season is finally getting animated, streaming October 10th. Bleach answers the question of where souls go after one dies: they either stay as a cursed spirit and become a hollow, or ascend to the soul society where soul reapers live. Ichigo, a boy born with the ability to see such spirits, gets entangled with the soul society, becoming a soul reaper. In Bleach’s final season, a thousand-year-long rivalry will finally be settled between the soul reapers and Quincy, two groups that cannot agree on how to deal with hollows. Watch this action-packed anime known as one of the best stories of all time on October 10th!
Chainsaw Man
Regarded as the most anticipated anime of the year, maybe even the decade, Chainsaw Man will take the public by storm. The story is set in a world where devils exist, created by humanity’s greatest fears. Denji, a boy showered with tragedy after tragedy, dies to a devil’s hand and revives as Chainsaw Man. Follow Denji’s adventure as he does anything to keep this newfound life of his dreams. While extremely gory and unhinged, this anime is sure to satisfy those who are into amazing fight scenes while still having nice heart-warming sequences every once in a while. Find out why this anime is already breaking records despite not even being released until October 11th, when it starts streaming.
Image from crunchyroll.com

These 4 are the most known animes releasing in October, but there are plenty more: JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 6 Stone Ocean Part 2 Blue Lock
Mob Psycho 100 Season 3 Reincarnated as a Sword Golden Kamuy
If you are interested in getting into anime now is the time!