Varsity Homecoming VolleyBall Game

Previously published Jan 16, 2022.

Previously published Jan 16, 2022.

On the afternoon of September 24, BISV had their homecoming volleyball game. The girls varsity volleyball team played against the Louis Valdez Leadership Academy, and won in a landslide with the scores of 25-9, 25-10, and 25-9. While the game started off slow with some tension between the teams, the girls quickly adjusted and got in the lead. The rest of the sets flew by with astonishing plays from our team with  outside hitter Harika Parimi and opposite Anji Zhou  scoring  multiple  points with their powerful attacks. The middle Luna Chen was able to rile up the crowd with her excellent game sense and quick hits. The girls cooperated as a team and did not let their guards down. What a proud moment to be a Bobcat!

Many students and teachers came to the game, filling up all the benches and chairs in the gym. The cheer squad led the crowd with chants throughout the game to keep the excitement and engagement high. Students held up posters and took pom poms in school colors during the game to show support. It was a fantastic demonstration of Bobcat spirit.

Let’s see what the varsity girls have to say about that night!

Q: What do you think about the homecoming game?

Anji Z. (Junior): “The school spirit was amazing, it really hyped the team up for that game. The decorations, announcements, and the crowd were very encouraging. We did pretty well and really bonded for that game. It was very memorable.”

Catherine L. (Junior): “Everyone worked together for the best results.”

Anaya P. (Senior): “I thought the game itself went by really quickly, but the energy on the court was really fun to be a part of.”

Nicole L. (Senior): “I really enjoyed how well advertised the game was. So many more people showed up to support me than I expected so that was really nice.”

Q: What was a moment that you particularly liked during that night?

Anji: “I loved the part where the speaker was announcing our team lineup and when introducing everyone to our hoco game. As a team, we all felt really proud to represent our school for the hoco game. The cheering from the audience really encouraged us to do well for the game.”

Catherine: “When we get really good hits.”

Anaya: “I liked running through the banner.”*laughter*

Nicole: “The announcements for players and introductions were really cool, and made the game seem official.”

Q: How would you describe your team?

Anji: “OUR TEAM IS FIRE! Even though we were missing some candidates for certain positions at the beginning of the season, we soon figured that out and everyone is trying their best for each other. We bond really well because we’ve all been friends in school. Our captains are very encouraging and I love how we are all really supportive of each other!”

Anaya: “I would describe my team as supportive.”

Nicole: “Supportive! Whenever someone makes a mistake everyone is there to tell them to shake it off and whenever someone does well we all cheer and compliment the hit/dig/set.”

Q: Share with us a fun moment that happened during the season.

Catherine: “Drawing on t-shirts.”

Anaya: “We had a shirt decorating team bonding that was fun because we all got to see each other’s artistic abilities ”

Nicole: “It’s not really a fun moment but we have a ritual of braiding each other’s ponytail for good luck now.”

Not only was it a great experience for the audience, it was a memorable night for the varsity girls too. It seems like everyone had a great time this season, and we look forward to their performance next year!