BISV Basketball Senior Night

T-minus 30 minutes in the gym

Aman: How are we feeling tonight?

William C. (#0): A bit nervous but also excited. Last night on the court with my brothers. An inspiring moment.

Suhaas S. (#15): Our last game of the season. It’s going to bring back some fun memories. I’m happy to pass on the torch to my glorious king Sanjeev.

Aman: Over/under a 30-point victory?

Suhaas S. (#15): Over.

Anay S. (Commentator): Overrrrrr.

Suhaas S. (#15): Actually, we might not play defense tonight. We’re just tryna have fun out there, so you never know.

It was the last game of the 2023 – 2024 varsity basketball season. For our seniors, it was their last game in high school. A small pre-game ceremony was hosted to commemorate our seniors for their commitment and passion for BISV basketball. The freshmen, sophomores, and juniors on the varsity team handed out roses while each senior was individually announced and applauded. 

The BISV Bobcats faced the Apostles Lutheran High School Falcons (ALHS). On this special night, Coach Perez included only seniors in the starting lineup. The starters had one primary objective: get Aiden J. to score. Aiden was in a cast all week after fracturing his ankle in last week’s game against Gunn High School. They were feeding him passes every possession until he finally scored a layup a few minutes into the first quarter. The crowd and bench erupted as he walked back to the bench, knowing that these would be his last high school points.

The BISV vs. ALHS game had the highest crowd turnout all season by far. After each basket, the gym was roaring with excitement for our seniors. Morale for our basketball team had never been higher. Rishi S. and Suhaas S. collected 17 rebounds altogether to completely lock out from scoring easy shots next to hoop. William C. also had a notable first-half performance; with two rebounds and steals, he left his mark on defense.

BISV stood strong with a commanding lead at the half. The BISV Badmaash team even performed a short halftime dance in our last basketball match. After the break, Robert J. began to pick up the pace of the game. The Apostles Lutheran defense couldn’t keep up as he piled up points for his spectacular performance. At the end of the game, he had earned 38 points. He was looking to hit one last shot to accomplish an amazing feat: 40 points. However, Apostles Lutheran knew what he was trying to do as they double-teamed and fouled him before he could shoot. 

Robert still finished with 38 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 steals. It was only fitting for our varsity team’s MVP to save his best game for last. After an 81-55 victory against ALHS, the team went out for their last dinner together to celebrate their season as well as their impact on future seasons. They left a winning culture at BISV, ending their season with an impressive 11-3 record.