I Go To a Football School

Previously Published Oct. 13, 2022
rawpixel.com
Free baseball on clay field close up image, public domain sport CC0 photo. More: View public domain image source here
Fostering the next generation of Tom Bradys and Peyton Mannings, BASIS Independent Silicon Valley is a landmine of athletic talent. Recently, the 2023 Niche score ratings for this prestigious institution has been released. Aside from the apparent ratings of “A +++++” for diversity, clubs, and academics, a new category has been added: athletics.

Upon hearing this added category some schools might stomp their feet with frustration or angrily yell until they’re hoarse; not every school is gifted with talented athletes, after all. Luckily, BISV has a multitude of hidden stars tucked inside their pocket– the football team! “Our football team is actually, like, the pride of our school… Ever since they won nationals last year, school spirit has been at an all-time high!” comments Jessie W. (‘23) To uncover this mysterious team, let’s take a look at some of the players!

Our resident football quarterback Bichael Boppner (‘23) actually joined the team by accident. Born in the Czech Republic, when Bichael first came to BISV he confused American and European football; however, he took this mistake like a champ and soon led the team to victory against BASIS Bindependent Billicon Balley. When asked what the secret to his victory was, Bichael was bashful and admitted that “it was all thanks to my coach Barika Barimi (‘23)”. We love a humble man who never forgets his roots! Go Bobcats!

Next is the vice-captain and running back, Bean Bang (‘23). His nickname “Beanstalk” came from his signature move, “Running It Back on The Beanstalk.” The Quill asked Bean what inspired him to join the football team here at BISV and he said that “BISV’s luscious, concrete football fields really changed the game”.

Give it up for our student-athletes! We couldn’t cover all of the star-studded athletes on the football team but we certainly tried. The participation trophy goes to The Bunion.
Player Stats:
Name: Bichael Boppner
Star Sign: Aries
Likes: Kicking puppies, Chilli’s, Soccer, Czech Republic
Dislikes: Football, long pants, the color black
Superpower: AP Research debate winning

Name: Bean Bang
Star Sign: Scorpio
Likes: Running it back, stuffed animals, the color black
Dislikes: Soccer, Flipz Pretzels, Arizona Green Tea
Superpower: Teaching kids how to speed code