Summer Break 2021

Previously Published Jun 2. 2021

Previously Published Jun 2. 2021

The summer days are a perfect opportunity to enjoy brilliant crimson sunsets at 9 PM, learn a new language, attend a virtual summer camp, or even get a summer internship or job. Most importantly, it’s a time for reflection and a golden time to spend time with family and friends outdoors. Climb Mission Peak, go for an adventure in the Redwood Forest or Carmel Beach! Governor Gavin Newsom announced that it’s possible for California to fully reopen on June 15, so things are looking up for this pandemic! Of course, let’s be good citizens and abide by social distancing and other safety regulations, but here are a few ideas if you’re bored over the summer:

• Grow basil by the windowsill and use it to make a margarita pizza.
  • Camp outside in your backyard and go to sleep under the stars. 
  • Visit Raging Waters! (reopens June 12th)
  • Explore the San José Museum of Art (admissions are free for minors)
  • Catch up on your bucket list of books (San José Public Library reopening)

The 2020-2021 school year was interesting, to say the least, and although the BISV administration can’t guarantee whether or not the school will fully reopen in the fall, nothing is stopping you from catching up with your friends over the summer. I implore you to catch up with those people you may have lost contact with over the Zoom year and reclaim your middle school or high school experience.

Finally, to all the seniors in the class of 2021, we hope you experience nothing short of endless joy in the freest summer of your life (until retirement, maybe). You guys made your mark on our little school campus, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors! It’s a huge shame we can’t all wish you goodbye at graduation, but goodbye, farewell, and thank you!