The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Ever

Previously Published Oct 6. 2021

Previously Published Oct 6. 2021

Not only is this banana bread delicious, but it only requires one bowl to whip up! Every time I make this banana bread, it’s devoured in minutes! I always bake this banana bread whenever I want to take the time to destress. Baking is one of the ways I ground myself, and it could be beneficial for you too.

All ingredients can be found in any grocery store. What you will need to make it:

• 3 ripe bananas (yes, they actually need to be covered in brown spots)
  • To facilitate browning of bananas, you can put the bananas in a closed lunch bag or bake in an oven for 15-20 min at 300℉ until they turn completely dark brown
  • ⅓ cup butter melted and cooled (this is to ensure that it won’t melt the chocolate chips)
  • ½ cup sugar (the white one)
  • 1 egg, beaten (the whites should be fully mixed with the yolks)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda (NOT the same as baking powder, but you can substitute 1 tsp baking soda for 3 tsp baking powder)
  • A pinch of salt (1/16 teaspoon or just a little shake of your salt shaker)
  • 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
  • ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and a handful to sprinkle on top later
  • Large bowl
  • Whisk
  • Spatula

How to make it:

1. In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until they have a liquid consistency. Add the cooled melted butter (please actually make sure it cools down) and mix with a whisk.
  2. Prepare your loaf pan by greasing it with butter or cooking spray. Then use some parchment paper to cover the inside and the two long sides of your pan. Grease the bottom of the pan where the parchment paper is placed.
  3. Now preheat the oven to 350℉. Oftentimes, recipes ask you to preheat the oven as the first step. By the time the oven is ready, I am usually not ready to place the pan in the oven. Preheating after a few steps are complete helps save some energy.
  4. Whisk in the egg, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and flour. Mix until the batter is well combined.
  5. Mix in the chocolate chips with a spatula to avoid breaking the chocolate chips with your whisk. Pour the batter into your prepared pan and use your spatula to level the batter. Sprinkle the leftover chocolate chips on top.
  6. Bake for 50 minutes to an hour. Check with a toothpick by poking it in the middle of the bread and checking if any batter sticks. If the batter doesn’t stick to the toothpick and the bread is completely baked, take the loaf out.
  7. Don’t forget to turn off your oven. Cool for 30 minutes before eating to have a warm slice, or cool completely for a room temperature slice.
  8. Enjoy!

This is what happens when the chocolate chips melt due to the hot melted butter. It still was delicious, but this is chocolate chip banana bread not chocolate banana bread.