BISV vs. Design Tech

Fresh off winning the prospect tournament after Christmas Break, the BISV Bobcats aimed to defeat the Design Tech Dragons to continue their win streak. Our varsity basketball team did just that, dominating in an 82-49 victory.

From the tip-off, Design Tech’s star point guard set the tone with three consecutive three-pointers. BISV, despite scoring on most of their possessions, still found themselves down by six points midway through the first quarter. However, as BISV star player Robert J. began to find his groove, the Bobcats never looked back.

The Bobcats fought back and finished the first quarter with a comfortable 12-point lead, shifting the momentum in their favor. On the defensive end, there was a clear adjustment in our game plan: keep the ball away from the Dragon’s point guard. Design Tech’s offense began to crumble as they were minimized to contested shots and lazy passes that were easy to steal.

In their first home game back from break, our varsity team played with heart and grit. With starting center Rishi S. missing the game, our defense was vulnerable. Suhaas S. and Mithil P. stepped up to provide great rebounding and interior defense, totaling  8 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 blocks.

With excellent team effort, the most notable player in this blowout win was Robert J., who led the team in points and steals. His performance of 20 points, 6 steals, and 6 assists was nothing short of spectacular, but this is what we have come to expect from our team MVP. While Design Tech has yet to win a game this season, BISV continues to excel and climb the ranks.

View Comments (1)