Anticipated Movies of 2022

Previously Published May 24, 2022
For two consecutive years, the entertainment industry has not been able to produce films at full throttle due to the pandemic. Although the world is still plagued by strains of the coronavirus, many film studios have begun operating at full capacity, if not already. 2022 will certainly outshine 2021 in terms of anticipated films because of its impressive roster of sequels to critically acclaimed works.

Superhero Films
  • The Batman – Another remake of the classic comic book superhero, starring Robert Pattinson. This movie promises a new and exciting look at the grittier side of Batman.
  • Thor: Love and Thunder – A sequel to the much-loved Thor franchise, this movie plans to expand on the Marvel Cinematic Universe further. Esteemed director Taika Waititi returns for his second consecutive Thor film.

Animated Films
  • Across the Spiderverse – Following the massive success of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Sony decided to continue the series. Still following Miles Morales, this movie introduces a new character, Spider-Man-2099, an antagonistic spider-man from an entirely different dimension.
  • Lightyear – As one of the most beloved characters in one of the most popular animated movie franchises of all time, Buzz Lightyear’s new movie is bound to get fans extremely excited. Hopefully, Chris Evans can live up to the expectations set up by Tim Allen’s iconic portrayal.

Action Films
  • Uncharted – Starring the talented Tom Holland, this film adaptation of the popular video game franchise intends to impress audiences worldwide with entertaining action sequences.
  • Avatar 2 – As one of the highest-grossing movies of all time, James Cameron’s Avatar left a significant impact on the CGI and film community. As such, fans are predictably very excited for a sequel to the innovative movie, especially since ten years is quite a long wait.

Thriller
  • Knives Out 2 – After the box-office success of the thriller film Knives Out, Rian Johnson, the director, and Daniel Craig, the star of the film, agreed to a sequel. This movie will star Daniel Craig, playing the detective Benoit Blanc, solving yet another mystery.
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre – In another reboot of the classic horror series, the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre will depict the terrifying Leatherface as he assails his victims in Harlow, Texas. Remakes often fall flat, but will this new installment impress eager audiences?